No Hit Zone
Through a new partnership between the Kentucky Chapter of the AAP, the Kosair Children’s Hospital Child Abuse Task Force and the UofL Department of Pediatrics, the KY AAP and its child abuse and neglect leaders are now offering access to materials, training and support to any physician office, clinic or hospital interested in becoming a No Hit Zone.
We invite you to learn more about what it means to be a No Hit Zone, a program originally created by Lolita McDavid, M.D., professor of pediatrics at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, in 2005 and implemented at Kosair Children’s Hospital in October 2012. Put simply, a No Hit Zone is an environment in which “no adult shall hit another adult, no adult shall hit a child, no child shall hit an adult and no child shall hit another child.”
No Hit Zone Toolkit elements:
- KY AAP Letter explaining the partnership and project with invitation to all KYAAP Chapter members to participate.
- A video of the No Hit Zone presentation/education for physicians and staff – https://vimeo.com/77144420
- Access to the No Hit Zone powerpoint which can be presented to practices live if desired – http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/27422924
- Brochure Art - please see link and note the front insert “your practice name here”
- Poster Art - please see link
- Order Form for practices to order personalized materials. Please print out the form and mail in. KY AAP members can order 250 brochures 10 small and 2 large posters for $275.